Monday, August 25, 2008

Rain On Your Wedding Day is Good Luck!





I heard this back in 1995 when I got married. It rained on my wedding day and I wasn't happy about it. It was the one thing that I could not control after the many months that I spent planning my own wedding. I checked the Farmer's Almanac early on and sure enough, it said showers. I'm not sure who told me this but I remember thinking when I heard it that it must have been made up by a really optimistic bride...how could rain on your wedding day be good in any way?

"It's good luck if it rains on your wedding day!" is something I think about when I remember Laura and Kyle's wedding a little over a year ago. I don't think about the rain, or how the plan might have had to change that day but about Laura's attitude on the day of her wedding.

The plan began very simply with inspiration from the bridal show. At the time I had created a display of garden silhouette black and white linen which was very bold and very feminine and I mixed it with a beautiful eye shadow blue. Laura fell in-love with it the minute she saw it at the show and told me she had to have it and so she did!





The wedding was beautiful, and romantic and feminine and all of the things you want a wedding to be...rain or shine!


No comments: