Sunday, May 25, 2008


A Tribute to the 107 Girls I've LOVED!

It recently dawned on me that in the six years I've been a wedding planner I have helped coordinate 107 weddings to date. It took some time to calculate and the number may be off by one or two weddings in either direction but it's close.

In preparing for my upcoming move to San Francisco I've been reflecting on the weddings I've been a part of in Bloomington and it makes me smile. I wish that I had kept better notes or even a journal so that I could read the pages and go back to each day. Instead I am reminded at current weddings how many weddings I've been a part of and how important my role has been at each when I run into a former bride who is now pregnant with her second child, or an usher who says very simply: "you are so calm."

My wedding this weekend was my favorite kind of wedding in Bloomington; it was (literally) the marriage of two local families. When this happens in a small town the whole town is there! The room was a fashion show, guests happily cocktailed way past the cocktail hour, and I got many, many hugs from girls I've helped in the past. It was a hard room to leave when my job was done.

My next adventure in wedding planning will take me to San Francisco where, once I land on my feet, I will be exploring the exciting possibility of opening a social butterfly studio there. Poised and ready to join me are my baby twin sisters who live in the heart of the city and who are over the moon about me moving closer to them; we will be a team of three. I'm leaving behind a brand-new owner, Hannah Trowbridge who will be taking social butterfly in her own direction. She is currently busy, busy, busy booking Bloomington weddings for 2009 and beyond and looking forward to putting her stamp on the Bloomington Wedding Scene.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I feel so lucky to have had the chance to "fall in love" 107 times with brides who have personally asked me to help them on their special day. Each one has left a mark and I will forever be grateful for the chance I've had to share a most special time in their lives with them.

Stay in touch!

Pat

1 comment:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

wow - 107 brides is a ton! congratulations. :)

you have a wonderful blog!